Online Personal Trainer Lunch Recipes - Greek Lamb Pittas
Shopping & Ingredients List:
200g 20% Fat Lamb Mince
250g Turkey Mince
1 tbsp dried Mint
2 tbsp fresh Coriander, chopped
1 tbsp dried Oregano
1 tbsp Garlic, crushed
1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Black Treacle
1 tsp Ground Cumin
¼ tsp Ground Allspice
1 tsp Chilli Flakes
½ tsp Pepper
Salt to own taste
4 x Sainsbury Mini Pitta Breads
*in UK New Zealand sourced lamb is Halal.
For Kosher Lamb & Halal & Kosher Turkey, use appropriate butchers.
1. Preheat cooker grill to high.
2. Place the lamb & turkey mince in a large bowl & mix with the mint, coriander, oregano, garlic, vinegar and black treacle. Season with cumin, allspice, crushed chillies, black pepper & salt - mix well. Shape into 4 burgers.
3. Grill burgers for 8 minutes on each side or until well done & juices run clear.
4. Warm the pitta bread by popping in a toaster for a few seconds. This makes them easier to split open.
5. Serve the burgers in pitta pockets with green salad.
Macro info per serving